The World According to Tosha

Something you probably shouldn't read unless you want intensive therapy in your future

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Just a lil ole redhead making the best of her world

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I am going to take the time to reflect... reflect upon guard shack duty. Let me tell you, there is a lot of time to reflect on this concept, when your standing guard shack duty. Espcially at a slow base like mine. I stand outside so that if anyone tries to jump the fence or use the exchange without an ID, I can notify someone. Not that many people use the exchange on an average day and I have yet to hear about anyone jumping the fence. So basically I stand inside the guard shack for 4 hours watching birds. Its very boring and makes me want to sleep. We can't sit in there and read a magazine while taking the occasional glance around. We must look alert, just in case. Do they teach us law enforcment so that if someone did try to get hairy we could take them down? No. We call the OOD. The OOD has about the same amount of training we do, they just rank a little higher. There are some people on this base who are qualified to do law enforcment (or techinically, board boats) but not that many. So, I am just outside to look intimidating. I am sure any psycho who see's a 5'4" female lounging around will run the other way.

Anyhow, that is what I did yesterday for four hours. Stood in the guard shack and tried to hold on to my sanity. The real fun part is that my knee was a little .....

continue later, got to work blah..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home